Finding ways to incorporate more fruits and veggies can sometimes be overwhelming, but have you ever made a salad or had one at a restaurant that was so delicious you didn’t even realize how good it was for you?
Well let me tell you, this Veggie Power Bowl salad is my go-to recipe during the winter months. The reason is that salads alone can be very cooling to the body, but with the combination of cooked brown rice and warming salsa, I definitely look forward to this meal and love having leftovers for the next day!
- • 4 cups Mixed Greens
- • 1 Lemon or Lime, halved
- • 1 Tsp. sea Salt
- • 1 Tsp. black Pepper
- • 1 Avocado, diced
- • ½ cup cooked brown Rice
- • ¼ cup black Beans
- • ¼ cup Olives
- • ¼ cup Corn*
- • 1 Tomato*, chopped or ½ cup Pico de Gallo
- • ¼ cup shredded Cheese* (optional)
- • Handful of chopped Cilantro
- • Salsa, as desired (optional)
- Place mixed greens in a bowl, squeeze lemon/lime over top and season with salt and pepper.
- Add all other ingredients, mix gently and serve.
- Note: you can add shrimp, chicken or ground meat for additional protein if desired.
- For leftovers, heat the rice and add to salad.
Like this post? Click here to see how you can get my 30 Day Meal Plan and four SuperFit Kitchen Cookbooks to skyrocket your results!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor.
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!