- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (or Amaranth Flour to make Gluten Free)
- 1 cup Oat Flour (grind 1 ¼ cup oats in a food processor)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana – Mashed
- ½ cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 Tbsp. grated Orange Zest
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (first six ingredients listed).
- In another bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- Prepare soured milk by adding lemon juice to milk and letting it sit for a minute or so.
- Pour bananas, soured milk, applesauce and vanilla into a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just blended.
- Fold in eggs and add walnuts, raisins and grated orange zest. Mix gently.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes.
Servings: 10 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 165 Protein: 7g Carbs: 30g Fats: 8g Sugar: 11g Fiber: 5g
~by Kimberly Olson