This flavorful salsa added to this asparagus dish makes a great side to any meal!
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tsp. black pepper
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
3 Tbsp. salsa, strained
1 ½ Tbsp. pepper jack cheese or mozzarella (optional), shredded
1 heaping Tbsp. of black beans, rinsed
1 heaping Tbsp. of black olives
½ avocado, diced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Trim ends of asparagus and place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Squeeze lemon juice over asparagus. Season with black pepper and sea salt.
4. Bake in oven for about ten minutes.
5. While asparagus is baking, put your salsa together. Combine salsa, cheese, black beans, black olives and avocado.
6. Remove asparagus from the oven and allow to cool for one minute. Top asparagus with salsa. Enjoy!
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 112 Protein: 4g Carbs: 8g Fats: 8g Sugar: 2g Fiber
Like this post? Check out my 21 Days 2 a New You Program and see how you can get my book for free!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this
information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!