2 chicken breasts, thawed
2 Tsp. black pepper
1 Tsp. sea salt
1 Tsp. cumin
1 Tsp. chili powder
1 cup black beans
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup spinach or romaine, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup onion, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
2 Tbsp. spicy BBQ sauce
4 9″ whole wheat tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season chicken with 1 Tsp. of the following: black pepper, sea salt, cumin, and chili powder. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes and make sure it is cooked through.
2. Remove chicken from oven and let cool slightly. Dice into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
3. Heat a large pan to low-medium heat. Add olive oil, chicken, hot sauce, onion, garlic, black beans, and BBQ sauce. Add more BBQ sauce based on preference. Mix to evenly coat chicken. Saute’ for 3-5 minutes and stir periodically.
4. Turn oven on to 350 degrees, but place tortillas in immediately before oven is completely pre-heated. Let them warm up for about three minutes or until they start to curl.
5. With each tortilla on a plate, place chicken and black bean mixture down the center, as well as spinach and tomatoes. Fold sides in and roll tortilla to form a yummy burrito!
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 4 minutes Cook Time: 38 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 317 Protein: 21g Carbs: 37g Fats: 8g Sugar: 3g Fiber: 7g
Like this post? Check out my 21 Days 2 a New You Program and see how you can get my book for free!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this
information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or
family doctor. Thank you!