I just recently introduced Elise to butternut squash and when I blend it all up for her baby food, I can’t help but notice the beautiful bright color it contains. This is because butternut squash truly is a superfood that is high in fiber, heart-friendly and loaded with potassium + B6 which is important for bone health and proper functioning of both the nervous and immune system.
This butternut curry soup recipe is SO easy to make that I encourage you to double or
triple the batch and stockpile for the cooler winter months up ahead!
- • 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, halved, seeded and cut into chunks
- • Water (enough to cover squash in pot, about 4-5 cups)
- • ½ cup Milk (I like to use coconut milk!)
- • 1 Tbsp. Curry powder
- • 1 Tsp. sea Salt
- • 1 Tsp. black Pepper
- Place squash, water, and a pinch of salt in a pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Stir in milk, curry, salt and pepper. Place in a blender (carefully!) and blend well. I like to put a towel over the top of the blender to be safe.
Like this post? Click here to see how you can get my 30 Day Meal Plan and four SuperFit Kitchen Cookbooks to skyrocket your results!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor.
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!