Although the USDA recommends adults consume 5-13 servings of fruits & veggies daily, the average is only 1-2:( Start your day off with my Green Smoothie Remix that contains 6-7 fruit/veggie servings and watch your energy levels soar!
- 1 cup Coconut Water or Milk
- 2 big handfuls of fresh Greens
- 1 Banana or quartered Apple
- 1/4 to 1/2 Avocado
- 2 cups frozen Fruit (I like mixed berries)
- 1 cup frozen Veggies (Broccoli is my favorite)
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- 1 scoop of Greens (these are powdered veggies)
- Water as desired (fill up about 2/3rds)
Bonus: Add 1 Tbsp. of a nutritional boost such as Maca, Chia Seeds, Goji, etc.
1. Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
2. Add enough water to reach desired consistency.
3. Blend for 30-45 seconds, pour into two shaker cups, drink one now and the other later!
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 285 Protein: 15g Carbs: 40g Fats: 5g Sugar: 25g Fiber: 12g
Here’s my original version:
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson