Do you love French fries but feel guilty about eating them? Try these oven-baked French fries for a healthy twist!
2 baking potatoes
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 basil leaves torn or 2 Tsp. dry
2 sprigs rosemary chopped or 2 Tsp. dry
2 Tsp. paprika
2 Tsp. chili powder
2 Tsp. black pepper
1 Tsp. sea salt
Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice potatoes into sections lengthwise and continue to slice until they are in long strips 1/3″ in width.
3. Place potato slices in a bowl and drizzle olive oil over them to coat. Sprinkle basil, rosemary, paprika, chili powder, black pepper and sea salt. Toss gently.
4. Spread potato slices onto 1-2 greased baking sheets and make sure they are in a single layer. (Note: I use aluminum foil for easy clean up).
5. Bake for about 15 minutes and turn slices over. Continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes or until slices are slightly crunchy.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for one minute. Serve with ketchup if desired. Enjoy!
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 177 Protein: 2g Carbs: 13g Fats: 2g Sugar: .5g Fiber: 2g
Like this post? Check out my 21 Days 2 a New You Program and see how you can get my book for free!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this
information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!