1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup oats, ground in a food processor
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
½ cup egg whites
1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 green onion stalks, diced
¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
¼ cup tahini sauce
- Place the oats and coconut in a shallow bowl and stir gently. In another shallow bowl, mix the egg and egg whites together.
- Dip the shrimp first in the oats and then in the egg mixture.
- Heat a pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut oil and shrimp to a grill pan, and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until surface is golden brown.
- Mix chili and tahini sauce in a small serving bowl.
- Remove shrimp and top with onions. Serve with sauce.
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 191 Protein: 18g Carbs: 14g Fats: 7g Sugar: 0g Fiber: 2g
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson