If you’re short on time but want to put together a healthy appetizer, try these stuffed tomatoes. Tomatoes are naturally high in carotenoids such as lycopene and beta carotene, and the guacamole optimizes absorption!
- 1-2 packages Grape or Campari Tomatoes (about 24 tomatoes)
- 1 cup Guacamole
- ½ cup organic frozen Corn, thawed (I used fire-roasted, yum!)
- ½ cup Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- Using a knife, carve each tomato top off and scoop out the insides with a melon baller or small spoon. Place upside down and allow to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together the guacamole, corn, beans and cilantro.
- Fill each tomato with a heaping amount of the guacamole mixture and serve.
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson