We all know that we need to eat more Omega-3 Fatty Acids, but did you know one of the best ways to do this is to sneak them into everyday recipes? I like to add them to smoothies, oatmeal, salads and of course-cookies! Try this recipe and feel good about making sure your family gets a superfood boost while enjoying a delicious treat!
- • 1 ½ cups Oats (ground in a blender) or 1 ⅓ cup quick cooking Oats
- • ⅓ cup Flour
- • 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- • ¼ Tsp. sea Salt
- • ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- • ¼ Tsp. Baking Soda
- • 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- • 6 Tbsp. Butter*, at room temp (V/DF)
- • ¾ cup Sugar*
- • ½ Tbsp. Molasses
- • 1 Egg*, at room temp (V)
- • ¾ cup Raisins*
- • ¾ cup Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Drop large rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheets and bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Note: If you don’t have molasses, you can just use ¾ cup brown sugar to replace the sugar/molasses in the recipe
- V/DF: replace with vegan butter or use coconut oil, also at room temp so it is in liquid form
- V: use vegan egg or mix 1 Tbsp. ground flax with 3 Tbsp. water
Like this post? Click here to see how you can get my 30 Day Meal Plan and four SuperFit Kitchen Cookbooks to skyrocket your results!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor.
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!