I know, such a bold statement. But by now, after working with clients for over 14 years, I can tell you that the #1 reason people fall off the healthy-eating wagon is not planning ahead. Think about it, you have good intentions, Monday hits you, you’re scrambling a bit, and before you know it it’s time to figure out dinner for the family. Without anything prepped, your options are literally reduced to TV dinners, fast food, going out to eat or everyone fending for themselves. Until now. All you have to do is make this recipe, put it in freezer bags/containers, and just thaw it out. What??? Yes, it’s that simple. And guess what, it has been proven that if you make good food choices on Monday, the rest of the week has a much higher chance of success than if you just “get by.” So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken Broth
- 2 cups brown Rice
- 1.25 lbs. ground Turkey (optional!)
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed Oil
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic Corn
- 3/4 can of Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can roasted Tomatoes, drained
Note: you can use ANY veggies! Seriously, just replace what I have with what you have and it will still turn out:)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a glass baking dish.
- Bring the broth to a boil, add the rice, reduce to a simmer and cook until liquid is absorbed (about 30 minutes). You can also use a box of rice to make it faster:).
- Add oil to pan and brown ground meat until cooked through.
- Saute veggies in a pan after adding oil to it and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Add beans and tomatoes, then mix everything together.
- Add the rice, meat (optional) and veggies to the casserole dish and mix gently. You can sprinkle cheese on top if you have picky eaters but it really tastes so good without it!
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and serve warm. Take your leftovers and divide them into storage containers so you can freeze them. If you need more, just double the recipe and make sure to label it. Pull this out to thaw the night before and you will seriously be so happy you did it:)!!