One of the best kept secrets to being able to be satisfied and actually feel full from a plant-based meal is by adding lentils! I consider them a superfood because they are an awesome source of potassium, calcium, zinc, niacin and vitamin K, but are also high in fiber, lean protein, folate and iron.
I like to buy them in bulk, in any color, and store them in glass containers in the pantry. Ask Scott, it seriously makes me so happy to see them in there! While this soup is cooking, you can use this time to prep some meals for the week and will be happy to find you can easily double or triple this recipe and free the extras. Enjoy!
- • 32 oz. Broth
- • 1-2 cups of chopped Veggies (celery, carrots & onions work great)
- • 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- • 1 15oz. can diced Tomatoes*
- • 1 cup Lentils, rinsed
- • 1 Tsp. black Pepper
- • 1 Tsp. sea Salt
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and season with black pepper and sea salt. Add bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 35-45 minutes. Make sure carrots and celery are cooked completely.
Like this post? Click here to see how you can get my 30 Day Meal Plan and four SuperFit Kitchen Cookbooks to skyrocket your results!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor.
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!