I find spinach and artichoke dip to be one of the best comfort foods on the planet, so I took the traditional recipe and healthified it by using more veggies, less cheese and Greek yogurt!
- 2 14 oz. cans Artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 10 oz. package frozen Spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 8 oz. blocks of reduced fat Cream Cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 cup low-fat Greek Yogurt or mash Garbanzo beans
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, ½ cup mozzarella, 1/8 cup Parmesan, cream cheese, yogurt, garlic and season with red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish sprayed with olive oil. Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.Note: Serve with raw veggies or my Baked Pita Chips
Servings: 18 (1/2 cup each) Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 72 Protein: 5g Carbs: 6g Fats: 3g Sugar: 1g Fiber: 2g
~by Kimberly Olson