This quick and easy Italian favorite is topped with a savory blend of tomatoes, garlic, basil and capers.
- Prep Time 10 min
- Total Time 18 min
- Servings 12
- 12 slices GF Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Place bread slices on ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil on each slice bread. Bake about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3 While bread is toasting, mix remaining ingredients. Spoon tomato mixture onto bread slices. Serve at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Serving Size: 1 Slice
Calories: 95 Fat: 5g Fiber 1g Protein 2g
~by Kimberly Olson