2 ¾ cups of rolled oats, ground in a food processor (makes 2 ¼ cups)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
¼ cup sugar and/or maple syrup
2 Tbsp. almonds, chopped
Handful of raisins and/or blueberries
¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
1 ¼ cup milk (almond, rice, etc)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the first six ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir gently.
- Place the milk, egg and banana in a food processor or blender and blend into a puree consistency. Add to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with olive oil spray and fill each about 2/3rd’s full.
- Baked for about 15 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden brown and a fork can come out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool. Can be stored in the freezer for a quick treat as needed.
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 122 Protein: 4g Carbs: 22g Fats: 2g Sugar: 8g Fiber: 3g
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson