- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (or Amaranth Flour to make Gluten Free)
- 2 cups Oat Flour (grind 2 ¼ cups oats in a food processor)
- ¾ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp. Ginger
- ¼ Tsp. ground Cloves
- ½ cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ cup Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Coconut or Cane Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Lucuma (if you don’t have this superfood, you can use ¼ cup more sugar instead)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1-1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (first nine ingredients listed).
- In another bowl, cream the butter, applesauce and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin; mix together for a few minutes.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Drop large rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Dip spoon into a warm glass of water if dough sticks to spoon.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a couple of minutes.
Servings: 36-48 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 85 Protein: 1g Carbs: 14g Fats: 3g Sugar: 43g Fiber: 1g
~by Kimberly Olson