When the weather starts warming up, the first thing most like to do is fire up the grill! Here is a really easy recipe that incorporates a ton of veggies and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. If you don’t like steak, just omit it or you can replace it with shrimp, chicken or tempeh.
- • 1 lb. Steak*, cubed (V)
- • ½ cup olive Oil
- • 1 Lemon, halved
- • 1 Tsp. black Pepper
- • ½ Tsp. sea Salt
- • 1 Tsp. Chili Powder or other spice
- • 12 Skewers
- • 1 bell Pepper*, cubed
- • 1 Zucchini, cubed
- • 1 Yellow Squash, cubed
- • 1 16 oz. package of Baby Bella or White Button Mushrooms
- • 1 red Onion, cubed
- Place the steak chunks in a shallow dish. Pour the oil into a small bowl, juice the lemon over top and mix in the pepper, salt and any seasonings you want. Pour the dressing over the steak and allow to marinate (preferably a couple of hours but at least 30 minutes).
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F or grill on medium heat. Remove the steak from the refrigerator and begin assembling your skewer kabobs.
- Do one piece of steak and at least three pieces of vegetables to fill each skewer, leaving about ½ inch in between. You can brush extra marinade on the veggies if you want them super crispy.
- Spray a glass dish with oil if baking and place skewers inside. It is okay to layer them! Bake for 20-30 minutes or until meat is cooked through, flipping every ten minutes. If grilling, cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning after five minutes.
- V: omit or replace with tempeh*
Like this post? Click here to see how you can get my 30 Day Meal Plan and four SuperFit Kitchen Cookbooks to skyrocket your results!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor.
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!