Summertime is filled with birthday parties, graduations, family trips and tons of meals around the table. Having a few go-to snacks on hand for you, your kids and your whole family is essential to keeping up with a busy, and healthy, lifestyle!
For You: Lettuce Wraps (1 Serving)
- 2 large Romaine leaves
- 2 slices Cheese (I like mozzarella)
- 4 slices Tomato
- ¼ Avocado, sliced
- 2 Basil leaves, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar to taste (or you can just use salt & pepper)
- Lay both leaves on a plate and top with all ingredients, equally divided.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or sprinkle with seasoning.
- Fold leaves over to eat and enjoy!
For Your Kids: Fruit Smoothie Pops (4 Servings)
- 1 cup Milk (I recommend coconut milk)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Fruit such as mixed berries
- 1 Banana
- 4 Popsicle Molds
Note: you can add a small handful of greens for an added boost!
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour smoothie mixture into popsicle molds and add sticks if you have them (I like FoodWorks and they just have a cap so it’s perfect for traveling). If you have extra just enjoy it as a snack.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. These travel great if kept on ice!
For Your Whole Family: Mango Salsa with Tortilla Chips & Veggie Sticks (4 Servings)
- I cup Mango, diced (can use frozen, just let it thaw out first)
- ¼ cup organic frozen Corn, thawed
- ¼ cup green Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Avocado, diced
- 2 stalks Green Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Cilantro, diced
- 1 Lime, halved
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients (except the lime) in either a bowl or food processor.
- Stir gently if using the bowl, squeeze the lime on top and then season with pepper and salt.
- If using the food processor, pulse until desired consistency is reached, squeeze the lime on top and then season with pepper and salt.
- Serve with organic corn Tortilla Chips or Veggie Sticks.
Like this post? Check out my 21 Days 2 a New You Program and see how you can get my book for free!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this
information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!