Açaí (pronounced “ah-sah-ee” ) berries have traditionally been used by Brazilians for centuries and is affectionately nicknamed the “Beauty Berry.” Harvested in the Amazon rain forest, it is most well-known for endurance and supporting healthy hair, skin and nails. It is high in Omega 3’s, 6’s and 9’s which I like to incorporate into my diet to nourish my brain and heart.
I think the best way to supplement with Acai juice is either just drinking an ounce straight (warning: it tastes like a black olive!) or adding it to a smoothie. Give it a try and tell me what you think!
Here’s a recipe to get you started!
This smoothie is full of healthy antioxidants to keep your energy levels up!
- 1 cup frozen or fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup frozen or fresh Mango
- 2 handfuls of fresh Spinach, Arugula or Romaine
- 1 scoop all natural Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seed or Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Water or Milk
- 1-3 ounces of Goji100, Acai100 or Mangosteen100
- Water as desired
1. Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
2. Add enough water to reach desired consistency.
3. Blend for 30-45 seconds, pour in a glass and enjoy!
Servings: 1 Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
Like this post? Click here to see how you can get my 30 Day Meal Plan and four SuperFit Kitchen Cookbooks to skyrocket your results!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor.
*In addition, there are affiliate links throughout this site and I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!