These simple applesauce pancakes feature a superfood all star-Yacon Syrup. Loaded with natural prebiotics, Yacon Syrup offers a natural sweetness without a lot of extra sugar and calories.
- 1 Cup Milk, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Oat Flour (1¼ cups oats ground in a food processor)
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Wheat Germ or ground Flaxseed
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Spray
- ½ Cup Yacon Syrup
- Fresh Berries for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice to milk and let stand for about ten minutes (this is homemade buttermilk!)
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, salt and wheat germ or flaxseed.
- In another bowl, cream the applesauce, coconut oil and egg together. Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add pancake mixture immediately. Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Yacon Syrup and top with fresh berries.
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 6 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 93 Protein: 2g Carbs: 17g Fats: 5g Sugar: 8g Fiber: 1g
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson