Alternative milk options is an exploding industry and even some of the healthiest choices at the grocery store have added ingredients that really aren’t necessary. Whenever possible, I try to make things at home instead of going with store-bought, and this coconut milk recipe has now become a staple in my weekly regimen. Read more on the numerous health benefits here. Give it a try and get ready to fall in love!
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
Note: You can sweeten it if you want to but I don’t!
- Bring the water to a boil. Place the shredded coconut in a blender and add the water.
- Place a towel over top since it’s hot and blend for 30 seconds.
- Put a strainer over a bowl. If you have a milk bag you can use that. Otherwise, pour the blended milk into the strainer and use a flat object (such as a spatula or large spoon) and press the coconut to get the liquid out.
- Pour the “milk” into a glass storage container and keep in the fridge. I would recommend using within 5-7 days but it most likely will not last that long! You can use the leftover shredded coconut for smoothies or desserts if you want. Enjoy!
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson