Do you love molasses cookies but want to avoid the fat and calories? Try taking this traditional favorite and adding a healthy twist of Yacon Syrup to get a boost of natural sweetness without the extra calories.
- 3 cups Oat Flour (3¼ cups oats ground in a food processor)
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp. Ginger
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Yacon Syrup
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (first five ingredients listed).
- In another bowl, mix the Yacon syrup and applesauce together.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Drop large rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Dip spoon into a warm glass of water if dough sticks to spoon. Gently press each cookie.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a couple of minutes.
Servings: 24 Prep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 31 Protein: 1g Carbs: 8g Fats: .5g Sugar: 3g Fiber: 1g
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson