This is one of the best kept secrets of all time when it comes to switching to a gluten free diet, reducing sugar intake or cutting calories (without cutting flavor and satisfaction)! Spaghetti squash pasta is super easy to make and you can definitely be your own chef in the kitchen with this recipe!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Tbsp. Grapeseed Oil (or any oil that can withstand high heat)
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
Note: Be your own chef with this! I’ve made it and added pesto sauce, another time I topped it with marinara sauce and most recently I combined it with sautéed garlic and mushrooms. Yum!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Very carefully, cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Rub the squash with the olive and season with black pepper and salt.
- Place the squash on a lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a fork to “shred” the squash into spaghetti strands.
- Add whatever sounds tasty (pesto, spaghetti sauce, garlic) and serve immediately.
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
Nutritional Content per serving:
Calories: 31 Protein: 1g Carbs: 7g Fats: 1g Sugar: 0g Fiber: 2g
*The information on this site is designed for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Thank you!
~by Kimberly Olson